Thursday, December 24, 2009

So, so pretty. If I believed in such stuff I would sell my soul to look like these dames. Haha.

NormaShearer
Norma Shearer
ALWAYS beautiful and always good hair! ALWAYS! I love her cross eye and ski-bump nose. And Griffith told her she wasn't pretty enough -- BAH!

lilyan
Lilyan Tashman
Not even a joke how much I adore this woman. She was trash on screen and slutty/trashy/awesome off. And died way too early in 1934, but, really, can you imagine a Production Coded Lilyan Tashman?? I can't.

katmm
Kay Francis
I will always love her. I love her lisp and her hair and she rocks the dark, vampy look really well. I don't think I've ever seen a bad Kay flick.

JoanBlondell2
Joan Blondell
She's one of my very favourites, too. She had a gorgeous big, round head and a great voice! Such delivery! Love her to death.

jean
Jean Harlow
Haha! I'm trying so hard to look like her, but I don't think I'll ever have the bod. Or the sweet face. Just the platinum hair :( And the out-of-control eyebrows :p The most gorgeous woman who ever lived.

GlendaFarrellB06b
Glenda Farrell
Always overlooked. Always. She was amazing. And I'd say she's just about one of the damn best-looking dames in 30s movies.

lanes
The Lane Sisters
Priscilla, Rosemary, and Lola. Three of my fashion heroines. I love their hair, clothes, sweetness, and beauty. Lola used to be my fave, but they are all so great I can't decide anymore.

crawford
Joan Crawford
I love her in all stages of her career. Such a face.

And now the MINGERS....

miriam-hopkins
Miriam Hopkins
I enjoy a few of her flicks, but I always though she was hideous. She reminds me of a frog.

Claudette_Colbert_in_I_Cover_the_Waterfront_1
Claudette Colbert
I like her as an actress, but I never thought she was as "gorgeous" as a lot of people claim. I'm with Lolita on this and I'm going to also say she reminds me of a pug.

maemurray%20hat
Mae Murray
Bleh. I always thought she was so ugly. She's a hammy actress to boot. No, thanks.

alice_white
Alice White
I'll just let the picture speak for itself. I like some of her movies, though.

alice_faye_01
Alice Faye
I enjoy her singing and I have her in my iPod (and it took a while for her to grow on me), but she looks like a blocky-headed pug :/ And she's a close second to Betty Grable for ridiculous hair! lol.

pola_negri
Pola Negri
A mess. I don't know if she was meant to be a beauty or not, but she was a great actress.


hese are five actresses I just don't get the hype about. I don't dislike them, but I still don't know why they are lauded as the greatest things ever when there is way better out there :/

Veronica
Veronica Lake
Her stare just doesn't do it for me. Nor does her hair. I don't mind her, though. I do like that she took the piss out of herself and realised she was talentless!

ruta
Rita Hayworth
Again, no reaction. I *hated* the movie Cover Girl (1944) and wasn't too thrilled with Gilda (1946). Sometimes she's pretty -- others she just looks "jowly" :/ I like her in the 30s, though, when she was still Mexican!

hedy
Hedy LaMarr
She has good hair and I'm well aware of how smart she was, she just never did it for me as an actress. Too icy, I guess.

Greta_Garbo_eyes
Greta Garbo
I enjoy quite a few of her films, but I never bought into the "Garbo Mystique." Looking at her through 2009 eyes it's easy to see right through her, but if I was around in 1929 I may have been enchanted. She was different and I believe people crave "different" in the mainstream world, hence why she was so popular.

betty-grable
Betty grable
I don't get the Betty Grable hype, either. She was enjoyable, yes, but most of the time she had ridiculous hair! LOL.

allah
Alla Nazimova
She was a fascinating character, but far too pretentious for me as an "artist." I was so bored watch Salome (1923) and I actually put the disc on double speed just to get it done with faster. Also, this wasn't planned, but my husband was litening to "Smack My Bitch Up" at the time and it went really well! It knocked it down a peg. Just, MEH.

A companion post to my last one. Here's five actresses I used to really dislike, but they have grown on me. It can happen! But the ones in my last post I really don't think it's possible -- lol.

ja
Jean Arthur
I read her bio in '99 and didn't finish it because I thought her life was so boring. Picked it up again a few years ago and it was a completely different story! Also, my husband *really* has a crush on her and people around the 'net kept telling me I looked like her so she was bound to grow on me. I adore her now and I love her voice. Don't know if you noticed, but I love high-pitched "annoying" voices!

ruby-keeler-1
Ruby Keeler
I KNOW! I can't believe there was a time I found her irritating! I LOVE Ruby so much now I try to erase it from my memory -- lol. I adore her terrible acting/line delivery, her awful singing in 42nd Street, and her clunky dancing that looks like she's going to fall over. Adore her so much.

IreneDunne
Irene Dunne
My first exposure to her was in Thirteen Women (1932) and I *HATED* her character so much in that movie it put me off her. I hated how she played a victum to Myrna Loy, even though she (Irene!) was the rotten one in that movie! I wanted Myrna to kill her -- lol. BUT. I eventually saw more. Saw better movies. The hubby swoons her. She's not so bad!

CaroleLombard015
Carole Lombard
I didn't like her in My Man Godfrey (1936) and I thought she looked too much like Dietrich (whom I can't stand!) I also read somewhere she shunned her good pal Billy Haines once she married Gable -- who know how true that is. BUT. I saw more of her work. Looked at more of her photos. Loved that she was "The Profane Angel" because I like my broads either daffy, trashy, slutty, or vulgar (or all 4!)

BetteDavis
Bette Davis
Now, I'm still not a huge fan and I still think she's absolutely OBNOXIOUS on screen, but my husband *REALLY* has a crush on the very young Bette and that has kind of endeared her to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY